Tom Mitchell won the B group boys event last Wednesday (5/8) at Litherland. George Higgins was 3rd in the A group boys event.
The Jacky Mac memorial BNECC open 10TT which was to be held on the 4th August has had to be cancelled. This is due to a recent traffic count on the A55 suggesting the road is too busy for TTs to be held on the course.
The results for BNECC riders for round 13 of the Litherland circuit league held 1/7/15 are as follows:
- E/!/2 category – Lewis Ball 7th
- Youth cat A (boys) – George Higgins 2nd, Max Moss 5th
- Youth cat A (girls) - Elizabeth McDermott 3rd
- Youth cat B (boys) - Adam Smith 2nd, Oliver Nickson 8th
- Youth cat B (girls) - Catrin Rafique 1st (only girl)
A number of BNECC members rode round 11 of the Litherland circuit league on Wednesday (17/6). BNECC results are below. Lewis Ball was 1st in the 3/4 race and gained his cat 2 licence.
- 3/4 event – Lewis Ball (jnr) 1st
- Youth A boys – George Higgins 5th
- Youth A girls – Elizabeth McDermott 3rd
- Youth B boys – Tom Mitchell 2nd; Adam Smith 7th
- Youth B girls – Catrin Rafique 1st (only girl)
- Youth C boys – Hamish Rafique 6th
Information on the 10 Mile Open Time Trial on 4th August
JACK MCALLISTER 10
Message from Steve Molyneux (5/5/15):
Due to a fire at the Giordana factory and a change in the staff structure at the UK Giordana distributor I am afraid there is a delay in the arrival of the last Pro Kit order, this is advised as due in any time ?. This situation also now means there approx. a 12 week wait on new orders. I will be placing an FRC order by this Friday and it will be the only one that will get you any kit in time for “Summer”. If you want to guarantee an article of FRC clothing please write your order below. There is still a mix of Pro Kit and FRC in stock although mostly large sizes. I have no youth kit available until the Pro kit order arrives.
The first race of the Litherland circuit league was held on the 8/4/15. BNECC results as follows:
3/4 race – Lewis Ball 26th
Under 16 boys – Max Moss 5th
Under 14 boys – Tom Mitchell 1st
Under 10 boys – Alex Poulston 2nd
Under 8 girls – Emma Poulston 2nd
Full results can be found here.
The 4 stage youth tour of Scotland was held over Easter weekend near Perth. Nicole Clarke rode as a guest for Dare2b-RDP (Pendle) as part of a team. Nicole rode well on every stage and came 8th out of 53 mainly U16 girl riders (8th in points and 5th in KOM). She was the first U14 GC and points and 2nd U14 in KOM
Full results can be found here.
- Race Night for Friday 17th April.
- Dates for the Monday night Go Ride events at the Oval (unless otherwise stated) will be 27th April, 11th May, 8thJune, Sunday 21st June at the Parks, 6th & 20th July, 3rd & 17th August, 9th September (with prize presentation).
- Steve Light’s turbo sessions are taking place on Tuesday evenings at Heswall Utd Reform Church from 6.15 to 7.45pm, until 31st March.
- After the Easter hols wroad sessions at Bromborough from Monday 13th April, alternating with the Oval events when needed and omitting Bank Hols on 4th & 25th May and 31st August.
The 4th round of the National Cyclo Cross series was held on the 4th January was held in Derby. Nicole Clarke rode in the under 14 girls event and gained a well deserved 2nd place. A report and full results can be found here.